Ski Holidays- Winter Holidays at Romantic, Fairy-Tale Schloss Thannegg-Moosheim, near Schladming
Welcome to Schloss Thannegg-Moosheim, the idyllically situated, romantically white dream castle in the Alps, with a family-friendly and sporty spirit.
Our unique castle enjoys an absolutely peaceful location in the most gloriously scenic setting imaginable, in the heart of the Schladming-Dachstein region. Pure castle romance in quiet, cozy, soothingly warm rooms filled with the fragrance of pine, during candlelight dinner next to an open fire in the Knights' Hall, enjoying a relaxing meal in the castle tavern, or beneath historic vaulted ceilings dating back to the year 1150.
The many sporting opportunities, our healthy and award-winning cuisine, along with fine vintages from our over 850-year-old wine cellar, are all certain to captivate you.
In just 9 minutes, our hotel's own free ski shuttle will bring you to the Ski-amadé 4-Mountain Ski Area, Hauser-Kaibling / World Championship Ski Center Schladming-Planai.
Make your winter fairy tale come true at our castle, whether your preference is for alpine skiing, cross-country or snowboarding! Be there, live, in Ski amadé with its 860 km of slopes, 270 lifts and 360 different pistes.
And for your rejuvenating stay here with us at Schlosshotel Thannegg-Moosheim, you are more than welcome to leave your tie and formal dresses at home ...
In the castle next to an open fire, you are certain to enjoy a sense of restful seclusion in a casual, family setting (just 19 rooms, 45 guests maximum).
Alpine skiing, cross-country & snowboarding: Hotel in the Schladming-Dachstein World Championship Region
- You will be able to enjoy the World Championship Ski Area, including the 4-Mountain Ski Area of Hauser Kaibling – Planai – Hochwurzen – Reiteralm with more than 115 kilometers of slopes, traditional ski huts, fun parks for snowboarders.
- The family ski areas on the Galsterberg (3 km away) and Stoderzinken are true insider tips for families and offer
hugely discounted hourly tickets and day passes!
- New: Combo ticket for skiing on the Stoderzinken and a zipline ride
- Your ski pass is issued right here at the hotel and is valid for the entire Schladming-Dachstein - Ski amadé region.
No more long waits at the lift ticket window!
- Once a week, enjoy a skiing expedition accompanied by your host
- Top ski and snowboard schools with equipment rentals
- Ski schools Kornberger, Amadeus and Hauser Kaibling
Winter enjoyment in the mountains away from the piste
Numerous activities await you away from the piste!
- Glorious enjoyment as you go winter hiking, ski jöring, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing (World Championship trails in Ramsau, also Mitterndorf Cross-Country Paradise including the Grimmingtherme spa resort)
- Wildlife feeding station at the castle
- Popular ski-touring area with guided tours
- Sledding enjoyment on natural sled runs (moonlight sledding)
1 x weekly sledding night (lift ride up is included with your ski pass)
- Romantic sleigh rides (charged separately)
- 1 x weekly ice-stock tournament with mulled wine (dependent on the weather).
Gold Partner Hotel of the Grimmingtherme spa resort: Wellness in the mountains – renewed energy for body, mind and soul
Our castle hotel is a partner of the Grimmingtherme!
Discover pure relaxation after a fun-filled day of skiing:
- Sauna and organic sanarium, 24 hours a day, included at our castle hotel
- Plush bathrobes during your stay
- Massages in-house (charged extra)
- Discounted admission to the Grimmingtherme in Bad Mitterndorf with spring-fed in- and outdoor pools, sauna village, ladies' spa area, and much more. (30-minute drive away)
Children's adventures – Family holidays at Schloss Thannegg - Holidays with kids at a child-friendly hotel
Our castle is the epitome of child-friendliness. The castle offers a weekly children's program with all the variety you normally associate with much bigger kids' clubs.
Twice a week we offer all-day child care (in summer).
- Plus, it's the ultimate experience for youngsters when they get to dress up as a ghost and scare their parents a bit in a real castle setting such as this, or clap beneath the vaulted castle ceilings and awaken our own resident ghost, Barti ...
- Plenty of room for your children: Your castle suite has a living room with sofa-bed and a separate bedroom, while the "Kemenate" (family apartments) have 2 to 3 separate bedrooms
- Each room has its own TV set
- For children up to age 4, their stay in their parents' room on a cot/children's bed is free of charge
- During their stay, children receive their own ghost costume to borrow
- Daily children's program with lots of entertainment opportunities in the Kids & Youth Club Room, medieval feasts, a chance to haunt the vaulted castle chambers, crossbow shooting for kids, sledding in the castle garden,...
Dining at Schloss Thannegg - one of Styria's insider tips
Spent delectable hours enjoying fine traditional dishes and delicious, light natural cuisine with products from our organic farmers!
- Every day, indulge yourself in our gloriously healthy "50 Delights" breakfast buffet
- Selection of marvelous 4-course dinner menus (including a vegetarian alternative)
- A traditional Styrian or Austrian buffet
- A medieval feast in our authentic, 850-year-old heraldic hall
- Our unique castle specialty: a Tartar's Hat meal prepared on a charcoal grill at your table
- Come out of the snow into our castle lounge, where you will enjoy a snack & cake buffet (5 times a week)
Live and sleep like in a fairy tale
Sleep restfully, almost like in a fairy tale. Our centuries-old, benevolent castle spirits will watch over you in our lovingly furnished rooms.
In the morning, gaze out from your soothingly warm room (with underfloor heating) onto a fantastic winter panorama of mountains, and look forward to yet another day filled with exciting activities in the clear, fresh air.
- Klausen – 10 romantic, cozy double or single rooms
- Gemächer - suites with separate living and sleeping areas
- Kemenaten – family apartments
All rooms are equipped with shower or bath, WC, CD-radio, satellite TV, safe, hairdryer and towel warmer! Each room comes with its own free parking space on the castle grounds!
Our winter offers for your holiday at the castle
You are certain to be captivated by our unique offers and excellent value-for-money.
Allow us to draw your attention to the fact that:
- Children up to age 4 stay free in their parents' room
- Generous discounts for older children
- 3 or more children in the family: a free ski pass
- Pick up your ski pass here at the hotel
Are you aged over 60 and in peak fitness?
Then make use of our Sixty Plus package.
Ideal for the young at heart: book 7 nights' stay and receive a 6-day ski pass free of charge.
Ladies Week is back! From now on all benefit from this offer. If you are traveling in a double pack, you will be given a 6-day ski pass during the Ladies Week - when booking a week package in a double room. So now everyone can enjoy the benefits and the program of the former Ladies Week.
from € 539more...
Book this limited available castle special - you will be excited!
from € 225more...
Top weekly package for skiing enjoyment in Ski amadé and an enjoyable lifestyle at cozy, warm Schloss Thannegg - when New Year's dreams come true!
from € 569more...
Skiing holiday in January including Ski amadé ski pass. Stay in a romantic double room, enjoy our castle cuisine incl. candlelight dinner and medieval feast, and have fun sledding, playing ice stock, plus a day of skiing with your host, Ernst.
from € 760more...
Top weekly package for skiing enjoyment in Ski amadé and an enjoyable lifestyle at cozy, warm Schloss Thannegg – to make your winter fairy tale come true!
from € 601more...
Ultimate enjoyment for all your senses: skiing, carving, and boundless fun in our “Alpine snow-trap”, the Schladming World Championship Region. Ski package including ski pass, day of skiing with your host Ernst, half-board and a great pampering program
from € 569more...
Joys of winter for children, Easter family play and snow-white honeymoons for parents on the pistes